Street, City, State, Zip
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced manager with expertise in human relations and project management
- Extensive background in staff recruitment and retention
- Staff training and development
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and Strategic Planning
- Management Coaching
- Program Marketing
- Contract negotiation and compliance
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment Law
- Society of Human Resources Management
- Portland Human Resources Management Association
- Riverbend Inc., 2000-2005
- Senior Management of a Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) accredited treatment facility. Responsible for all aspects of program management; clinical, administrative, fiscal.
- Responsible for recruiting, orienting, training and supervising 50 staff, was able to reduce staff turn over from 68% to 14% by improving staff orientation and training, professional development, and mid-level management coaching.
- Oversight of all aspects of staff performance; performance evaluation, progressive discipline, mediation of staff disputes and grievance procedures in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Leadership in the setting and achieving of strategic and organizational goals.
- Established training programs for staff in regard to all aspects of workplace performance and professional development.
- Program Marketing, increased annual revenue by 38%.
R. Dykeman Center, 1998-2000
- Administrative, clinical, fiscal and human resources management of a large outpatient mental health center; 60 full time employees and 45 contract employees housed in various locations.
- Responsible for the recruitment and supervision and performance evaluation of clinical, administrative and medical staff.
- Provided training to enhance workplace performance at all levels of staffing.
- Nominated as Training Co-ordinator for the West Seattle Mental Health Consortium, providing training as the a trainer or contracting with relevant professionals to provide training in the areas of culturally relevant services, professional ethics and law, and areas of professional development as requested by staff members.
- Concurrently completed a two-year certificate program in Organizational Development and Leadership as the recipient of a merit scholarship by the Microsoft Corporation.
- Independent Consultant to several small businesses, law firms, non-profit agencies and school districts on staff grievance procedures, team building and the setting and achieving of organizational goals.
- Family Reconciliation Services, 1988-1998
- Provided program management of the largest FRS contract in Washington State.
- FRS was responsible for providing in-home crises counseling to families on a 24/7 basis.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, supervision and performance evaluation of up to 45 Master’s level clinicians.
- During this 10-year period, increased the ethnic diversity of staff from 0% to 36% providing more culturally relevant services to the community served.
- Served as organizational and clinical consultant to a variety of organizations including Bellevue School District; Port S’klallam Tribal Health Board; Eastside Mental Health; Renton Area Youth & Family Services; as well as several businesses and law firms.
- Completed the training required to become an American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) Approved Supervisor.
CLINICAL DIRECTOR – Chemical Dependency Treatment Programs
Rogue Valley Medical Center, 1985-1988
- Hired by the medical center to design and implement a residential treatment program.
- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of all staff; medical, administrative and clinical.
- Responsible for public relations and Program Marketing
- Developed compensation structure and performance management and employee training and evaluation structures.
- Developed an on-going training program for nursing and clinical staff and served as a liaison between the hospital and the community providing training to community partners; schools, the police department and relevant medical and mental health professionals.
- Designed and brought into existence a family education and support structure for the community.
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification course work completed
- The Whidbey Institute, Organizational Development and Leadership
- University of Heidelberg, Germany, Psy.D in Clinical Psychology
- University of California at Berkeley, BA in Philosophy and German